SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Journalists are demanding the Puerto Rican government to provide “real” death toll numbers from the effects of Hurricane Maria.
Death certificates from after the storm have been released to CNN as well as the Center for Investigative Journalism.
The official death toll from last year’s storm still stands at 64.
A recent study from Harvard University said the number dead in Puerto Rico could be over 8,000.
Both organizations are now going over the data which includes names of decedents and causes of deaths.
- CNN Requests ‘Real’ Death Toll from Hurricane Maria
- California mudslides death toll now 20
- Man dies of injuries, raising California wildfires death toll to 44
- San Francisco-area voters to consider $9 bridge tolls
- Golden Gate Bridge Toll Rises 25 Cents, More Hikes Possible
- Craigslist scammers go after real estate
- CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61
- California delegation requests $4.4 billion in fire relief