UPDATE: 2/13/2018 4:13 P.M.
The passenger of the Dodge Ram that was parked on the shoulder was Eric Bishop, 17 years old from Fairfield.
The man that was killed was 46 years old from Fairfield. His identity has not been released.
Developing news out of Yuba County.
Where the CHP is investigating a freak accident that left one man dead.
Investigators say the man was crushed to death by a gravel truck that flipped over Monday afternoon.
Officers say he had been standing beside his disabled Dodge Ram on Highway 70 at the Earle Road on-ramp just south of Marysville when a semi truck trailer tipped over.
The gravel and part of the truck landed on the man killing him.
CHP said, "Unfortunately, right at that time there was a disabled vehicle on the on-ramp. And the occupant was outside his vehicle."
The on-ramp was closed for several hours while officers cleared the scene.
The driver of the truck, identified as 54-year-old Christine Straub was hospitalized for mild to moderate injuries.
No word yet if she'll face any charges.
- CHP investigating freak accident that left one man dead
- Man dies after freak fishing accident
- CHP Oroville investigating fatal hit-and-run, 1 man dead
- CHP: 2 People Flee Scene of South L.A. Crash That Left Woman Dead
- CHP: Chico man dead after suspected DUI motorcycle crash
- Super Bowl LII weather forecast: Freaking freezing
- Hospital investigating homeless man left outside in hospital gown
- CHP: 1 dead, after suspected DUI car crash in Oroville
- CHP investigating deadly crash along Highway 99 in Chico
- Farming accident leaves one man dead in Chico