UPDATE: 9:35 a.m.
The Durha Dayton Highway is back open now after a big rig crash closed the Highway for about an hour.
The CHP is investigating who was at fault and why the semi-truck driver was turning around on such a narrow road.
UPDATE: 8:05 a.m.
All lanes open on Durham Dayton Highway. The CHP says the driver of a semi-truck was going eastbound, when he tried to make a u-turn on the highway. A pick up truck driver then slammed into the semi. The pick up driver is in the hospital with minor injuries. The CHP is investigating the crash.
The California Highway Patrol is saying a big rig crash is blocking part of Durham Dayton Highway near Fimple Road in Chico.
The CHP say at around 6:25 a.m. Friday, a semi truck carrying wood was "t-boned" by another truck as the semi-truck driver was trying to turn.
The CHP tells us the roadway is blocked, but they could not tell us how much of it. We're working to learn if there were any injuries from the crash and just how much this is impacting traffic.
Check back for more details on this developing story.
- Big Rig crash on Durham Dayton Highway in Chico
- Big rig crash causes closure of I-5
- Car crashes into hardware store in Durham
- Hwy 99 Onramp at East Ave. Reopens After Chico Big Rig Crash
- Calif. big-rig crash scatters McDonald's fries by freeway
- Chico home near Dayton road destroyed by fire
- Crash blocking lane of Southbound Highway 99 south of Chico
- CHP investigating deadly crash along Highway 99 in Chico
- Southbound Bonneyview Exit Reopened After Big Rig Fire
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig