Bella Vista, Calif.—A home went up in flames Friday morning in the Bella Vista area of Shasta County.
Damages to the home are estimated around one million dollars.
The 72 year old homeowner made it out safely as well as his two dogs.
The man told fire crews he awoke to his barking dog, and then the smoke alarms.
The fire started about 7 a.m.
When fire crews arrived the home was engulfed in flames.
Firefighters will be at the home all day due to the winds to make sure that the fire does not spark up again.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Barking Dog Awakes Man when Home Catches Fire
- 'Barking and entering' - Lost dog turns up inside family's home
- Bidwell Bark Registration
- 4.4 magnitude earthquake shakes Bay Area awake
- Bark Buddy: Dating App Technology to Find a Dog
- Bidwell Bark Tomorrow in Chico
- Vacant home catches fire in South Oroville
- Man jumps, catches child escaping apartment fire
- Detroit 10-year-old saves family, dogs after home catches on fire
- Richvale resident recovering in hospital after home catches fire