OROVILLE, Calif. - The Oroville Dam spillway crisis and repair work has had a big impact on recreation on Lake Oroville. Now state agencies are trying to make up for it.
The Department of Water Resources (DWR) and California State Parks are going to offer free day-use and boat launching at Lake Oroville on several select days this summer.
Fees will be waived to all visitors on the following days:
- May 17 and 18
- June 7 and 8
- July 5 and 6
- August 2 and 3
- September 6 and 7
Officials hope waiving the fees will help bring people back to the lake.
- Admission Free Days at Lake Oroville This Summer
- National Park Service reduces free admission days
- All National Parks Offering Free Admission to Public on Saturday
- Lake Oroville houseboats stuck ashore
- Children under 11 get free admission at San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- CHP Oroville Distributes Free Tri Tip Dinners
- Trump administration backs Asian-American students in Harvard admissions lawsuit
- Wesleyan University part of federal investigation into early admission practices
- Giuliani's other big admission may be even worse
- Firefighters knock down restaurant fire in Lake Oroville