OROVILLE, Calif. - The Oroville Dam spillway crisis and repair work has had a big impact on recreation on Lake Oroville. Now state agencies are trying to make up for it.
The Department of Water Resources (DWR) and California State Parks are going to offer free day-use and boat launching at Lake Oroville on several select days this summer.
Fees will be waived to all visitors on the following days:
- May 17 and 18
- June 7 and 8
- July 5 and 6
- August 2 and 3
- September 6 and 7
Officials hope waiving the fees will help bring people back to the lake.
- Admission Free Days at Lake Oroville This Summer
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update
- All National Parks Offering Free Admission to Public on Saturday
- Turtle Bay Offers Free Admission to Museum Sunday
- Lake Oroville houseboats stuck ashore
- Lake Oroville Spillways Construction Update
- Warmer Weather Attracts Many to Lake Oroville
- Lake Oroville Still a Major Holiday Destination
- Roseville Man Found Dead at Lake Oroville
- CHP Oroville Distributes Free Tri Tip Dinners