SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The Shasta County District Attorney's office released today that 9 arrests were made following an undercover fraudulent contractor sting operation.
In a joint effort with the Contractors State License Board, District Attorney Investigators held an operation in areas affected by the Carr Fire in Shasta County. The operation targeted suspected unlicensed contractors.
11 individuals were contacted during the operation, 9 of which were arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for Felony Contracting Without a License in a Designated Disaster Area.
The following individuals were arrested in the operation:
- Gabriel Phillips
- Patrick Tenerelli
- Louis Hecker
- Jason Goodman
- Charles Guy Harris
- Ty Williams Briggs
- Melvin Matajcich
- Samuel Shelby
- Brandon Hunter
Contracting without a license is normally a misdemeanor, but it is a felony to contract without a license in an area where homes are damaged by a designated disaster.
- Shasta County DA Makes 9 Carr Fire Arrests in Undercover Sting Operation
- Pennsylvania police chief arrested in undercover sex sting
- 9 Arrests Made in Carr Fire Fraud Sting
- Carr Fire Burn Operation Causes Visible Smoke Around Shasta Lake
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- Chico Police sting operation nets 11 criminals
- Weather During the 'Carr Fire' Burning in Shasta County
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Forces Week-Long Closure of Shasta County Courts
- Carr Fire Brings Contracting Scammers to Shasta County