Businesses generally don't like people loitering outside of their shops, and many don't want teenagers and homeless people outside of their doors.
7-Eleven in downtown Chico is one of those places, and it’s dealing with the problem a little differently… by playing classical music really loudly.
The store started doing this about 2 weeks ago. The owner said customers feel unsafe because there are always people hanging out outside, and that's costing them business.
- 7-Eleven blasts classical music to keep loiterers out
- 7-Eleven in Oroville robbed, suspect caught just 1 hour later
- Blood Source Summer Classic
- Physical music sales surpass digital downloads of music in 2017
- Music Builds Community in Paradise
- Brett Silva Memorial All-Star Soccer Classic
- Free gospel music workshop in Chico
- Herreid Music in Chico closing down
- Copyright board boosts songwriters' music streaming fees
- Inspire presents 42nd Street for Spring Musical