6 more women accuse maestro Dutoit, including 1 rape

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Six more women have stepped forward to accuse prominent conductor Charles Dutoit of sexually assaulting them in the United States, France and Canada, including a musician who says the maestro raped her in 1988.

Posted: Jan. 11, 2018 11:14 AM

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Six more women have stepped forward to accuse prominent conductor Charles Dutoit of sexually assaulting them in the United States, France and Canada, including a musician who says the maestro raped her in 1988.

Scroll for more content...

The new accusers said they were angered by Dutoit's denial of an Associated Press report last month of four accusations of sexual assault and also wanted to show the scope of his inappropriate behavior during his globe-trotting career. They said the Swiss-born conductor attacked them in Paris, Montreal and the United States over a four-decade period, starting in the late 1970s.

Through his attorney, Dutoit issued a "categorical and complete denial' of the new accusations and said he was especially "appalled and sickened" that someone had accused him of rape.

Related Content

Article Comments

Chico
Clear
86° wxIcon
Hi: 98° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 86°
Oroville
Clear
85° wxIcon
Hi: 98° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 85°
Paradise
Clear
86° wxIcon
Hi: 94° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 86°
Chester
Clear
65° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 65°
Red Bluff
Clear
85° wxIcon
Hi: 99° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 86°
Willows
Clear
86° wxIcon
Hi: 102° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 86°
Near average highs this weekend, but searing heat returns next week!
KHSL Radar
KHSL Temperatures
KHSL Watches & Warnings

Community Events