REDDING. Calif. – An April 7 home burglary led Redding investigators to a well-known area for narcotics on Sunday, putting five people behind bars, according to the Redding Police Department.
The Redding Police Department (RPD), said the home burglary investigation began on April 7 in east Redding when a homeowner noticed a large amount of property had been stolen from their recently deceased relative.
Officer Chad Gross was assigned to handle the case and he collected information that led him to a narcotics house on the 2100 block of Comet St., according to RPD.
RPD said residents around the area have called more than 40 times since 2017 claiming the home had drug use, narcotics sales and disturbances.
A search warrant was issued for the suspicious home and on Sunday, RPD along with the California Highway Patrol Air Operations Unit were sent to the Comet Street residence.
Arriving officers contacted 13 people, one of whom ran from authorities but was caught two blocks later from the home.
Once officers caught the suspect, Troy Orbie Farrare, 28, of Redding, he also fought with authorities and later arrested for crimes of burglary and theft, according to RPD.
A search of the home led investigators to discover hypodermic needles, methamphetamine smoking pipes and other drug paraphernalia in almost every single room.
The home was described by officials as “deplorable” with the backyard filled with trash and debris. Officers also arrested four other people at the scene.
The four suspects were:
• Dominic Dever Cardwell, 39, of Redding
• Ramona Marie Cardwell, 36, of Redding
• Aaron Matthew Huff, 37, of Redding
• Katie Danielle Conn, 31, of Redding
Dominic was charged with sales of narcotics, possession of drug paraphernalia and had warrants for his arrest for stealing a vehicle and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Ramona and Aaron were charged with maintaining a residence for the use of sales of narcotics and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Katie was on Supervised Own Recognizance (SOR) program through Shasta County and failed to charge her GPS bracelet.
RPD said they will work with City of Redding Code Enforcement officials to handle the health and safety concerns at the Comet Street residence.
- 5 Arrested Stemming from Burglary Investigation
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Chico Transient Arrested for Burglary
- STEM Expo Celebrates Aspiring Scientists
- 2 arrested stemming from shoplifting at Oroville Walmart
- 4 Arrested Stemming From Search Warrant in Chico Home
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake
- Three suspects in an attempted burglary arrested in Anderson
- Police arrest suspect linked to burglary in south Chico
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries