REDDING, Calif. - A fast moving wildfire burned 20 acres near the Redding Airport Saturday morning, before firefighters were able to contain it.
Action News Now reporter Spencer Joseph was at the scene, and he said the fire was alongside Highway 44 and Oregon Trail.
Traffic was impacted by the firefighting efforts, and smoke caused some difficulties for motorists who were passing by the scene.
The fire was caused by the operation of a lawnmower, said Redding Fire Chief Gerry Gray.
- Lawnmower Causes 20 Acre Wildfire Near Hwy 44
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44
- Man dies of injuries, raising California wildfires death toll to 44
- Man dead after car rolled off Highway 44
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- Ready For Wildfire
- Fantasy Fun Run to Benefit Caper Acres
- Caper Acres set to Reveal new Playground
- Caper Acres Ribbon Cutting in Bidwell Park
- Vegetation Fire Burns 3 Acres in Thermalito