Scroll for more content...
Police Officials say the unit went active at the end of May and has already made 76 arrests, focusing on crimes like car burglaries, drug dealing, bike theft and habitual shoplifting.
Chief Mike O'Brien told Action News Now in an earlier interview that the unit was made possible with the decrease in activity around the Chico State Campus after the end of the Spring semester.
Police cited four of the recent arrests as examples of the suspects they are targeting.
26 year old Michael Berry of Chico was arrested in the area of East Avenue and Cohasset Road for possession of pepper spray by a convicted felon, possession of narcotics and possession of drug paraphernalia.
31 year old Christopher Hicks of Chico was arrested on the 400 block of East 7th Avenue for possession of a controlled substance and for possession of pepper spray by a convicted felon.
52 year old Ronald Day of Chico was arrested in the area of Cohasset and Pillsbury Roads for an outstanding felony warrant.
And 47 year old Balinda Donaldson of Chico was arrested for battery, elder abuse, petty theft and making criminal threats. Patrol Officers investigated the initial report involving Donaldson and the Street Crimes Unit located her in the area of Cameo Drive and Cohasset Road.
The unit will remain in operation at least through mid-August and Chief O'Brien is even hoping to keep it going beyond that.
- Chico Street Crimes Unit Makes 76 Arrests in 3 Weeks
- 21 More Arrests from the ‘Chico Street Crimes Unit’
- Chico ‘Street Crimes Unit’ Arrests 31 More Adding to 183 Total Arrests
- 23 Arrests Made Over the Weekend by 'Chico Street Crimes Unit'
- 24 Arrests Made During a Week of Patrol by CPD Street Crimes Unit
- Chico Police Investigating Crime Spree
- Redding Neighborhood Policing Unit make Stolen Property Arrest
- Anderson Police Unit Makes 13 Arrests in One Night
- Chico PD adds traffic patrol unit
- Chico Police following up on violent crimes