CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Trans is making a statement by talking trash.
The agency is showing off what they call “bizarre” trash items, getting dumped along highways.
Cal Trans says that some stuff is dumped like an ice cream freezer.
But most trash simply falls out of pickups and trailers that are not properly covered.
Cal Trans expects to see trash accumulating on roadways on Memorial Day weekend, they urge drivers to properly secure their loads.
“Whatever spills onto the roadway and causes a collision, you could possibly be held at fault, and worst case scenario you could cause an injury to another driver from the motoring public. That's what our chief concern is,” said Brandon Correia, a California Highway Patrol officer.
Cal Trans says that many of the items on display in Contra Costa County were picked up in one night!
- ‘Bizarre Trash’ Found Along California Freeways
- St. Elizabeth's trailer trashed
- Small plane makes emergency landing on busy Southern California freeway
- San Diego investigating man's near-crushing in trash truck
- Trash is a growing problem on the Skyway
- Redding to Clean up City With Solar Trash Cans
- Redding Police Clean up Trash from Illegal Camps
- Redding Police Clean Trash Left at Illegal Campsites
- Remains of missing Army veteran found buried in California
- Remains found at Grand Canyon thought to be California hiker