PARADISE, Calif.-- A woman from Paradise is back in her old stomping grounds this week after appearing as a contestant on NBC's hit singing competition, "The Voice".
"Music has literally saved my life, it's been the one thing that's never left, the one thing that no one can ever take away from me," said Amber Sauer.
Amber Sauer knew early on what moved her.
"I've got so much of a foundation musically here in Paradise - the best musical coaches and teachers even from a highschool stand-point," said Sauer.
From Jazz Band at Paradise High ... Sauer made the move to L.A. in 2009.
She had a dream - but never could have imagined just where it would take her.
"Realized that Kelly had turned her chair, it was the moment I realized I had made the show - everything I had been working for learned in high school, learned in my entire life had led up to that moment," said Sauer.
Sauer made it onto Season 14 of NBC's hit singing competition "The Voice".
It's no easy feat - especially to be so vulnerable, with millions watching.
"Speaking I tend to be a little awkward, silly, but when I'm singing it's like an alter-ego that takes over," said Sauer.
Sauer got as far as the Battle Rounds - and she's not stopping there.
"Definitely some theater in the works, I'd love to hit Broadway! Lot's of things in the works, there's so much more coming for me," said Sauer.
The secret to her success? It just may be as simple as believing in yourself.
"It doesn't matter where you come from, what you go through, how big, how small you are, you can do anything you want in this world," said Sauer.
Stay with Action News Now for all your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- The Voice's Amber Sauer Visits Hometown
- Wrong Amber Alert Suspect Attacked
- Hometown Heroes’ congratulates Oroville native
- Parkinson's patients find their voice
- Voices of Oroville: One year after Oroville Dam Spillway Crisis
- Paradise native on this season of The Voice
- Blue Santa visited Mercy Medical Center today
- Chile church burned after Pope visit
- Skateboarding star Tony Hawk visits Chico
- Amy Gutierrez visits school in chico