HELENA, Mont. - A Montana woman says she's taking legal action after she and her friend were detained for nearly 45 minutes by a border patrol agent, all for speaking Spanish.
Ana Suda recorded last week's incident at a convenience store in Havre.
Suda's friend Mimi Hernandez can be heard in the video saying they were making a late-night run to the store for eggs and milk.
In a recent report published by the Washington Post, Suda said she and Hernandez are both American, but were speaking in Spanish as they waited in line to pay.
That's when Suda says they were approached by the border patrol agent who asked to see their id's.
After moving to the parking lot, Suda pulled out her phone and started recording.
- Caught on Camera: Women Detained in Montana for Speaking Spanish
- Car theft caught on camera in Chico
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- 70 car pileup caught on camera
- Dog rescued in Scotland caught on camera
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera
- Caught on Camera: Bar Owner Tases Customers
- Caught on Camera: Selfie Taker Nearly Strangled
- Energy building implosion caught on camera in Wisconsin
- Caught on Camera: Truck driver falls off Kentucky overpass