SHASTA LAKE, Calif. -- A University of Oregon student died Saturday morning while camping out at Lake Shasta, according to the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
An alcohol overdose is being investigated as a possible cause, according to the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
Shasta County deputies were called to the lake early Saturday morning.
The 21-year-old student was found in his tent, unresponsive.
CPR was performed, but deputies were unable to revive him, according to the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
Reportedly, friends said the student had been drinking the day before.
Foul play is not suspected, according to the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
FOLLOW LAURA ENG ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- University Of Oregon Student Dies While Camping At Shasta Lake
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Hirz Fire impacts Shasta Lake Businesses
- UPDATED: Mount Shasta man found deceased on Medicine Lake Road
- Pro/am bass tournament kicks off on Shasta Lake
- UPDATE: body found by fisherman in Shasta Lake identified
- City of Shasta Lake is Getting More Sidewalks
- Firefighters Responding to House Fire in City of Shasta Lake