BAYLISS, Calif. -- A 73-year-old Bayliss man is recovering in the hospital from a hammer attack Saturday morning on his property, according to Chris Alves, the Fire Chief of the Bayliss Volunteer Fire Department.
Alves said he was driving back home from Willows Saturday morning when he saw Glenn County Sheriff's Office vehicles passing by him. Alves said the vehicles pulled into a trailer park.
Alves called his father and heard one of his employees might have been involved in what the Sheriff's Office was responding to.
Alves said he grabbed his medical bag in his garage around 11:45 a.m. and rushed to the scene.
Alves started providing assistance to the victim, turned him onto his side and dressed his wounds until the EMT and helicopter arrived. Alves said there were multiple lacerations on the victim's face.
The victim repeated numerous times to not let him die, according to Alves.
The victim is an employee who drives trucks for Alves Farms, according to Alves.
Alves said the attacker was a former employee of Alves Farms and stole the victim's truck.
We will continue to try to get this information confirmed with the Glenn County Sheriff's Office.
FOLLOW LAURA ENG ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- 73-Year-Old Bayliss Man Hospitalized After Suspected Hammer Attack on His Property
- Wrong Amber Alert Suspect Attacked
- Redding Man Arrested for Possession of Stolen Property
- Chico Police seeking suspects in school custodian's attack, robbery
- 1 Person Killed, Suspect Dead in Paris Attack
- Landmark Chico property is available for purchase
- Man shot by police is burglary suspect
- Red Bluff man arrested after he attacked teenage boy
- 90-year-old man allegedly attacked near Bidwell Park
- Man attacked inside Chico Mall, police believe it's gang-related