Redding, Calif.—A Redding man who went on a violent crime spree back in April has now been sentenced to nine years in prison.
Redding Police shared surveillance video of Casey Stout.
They say Stout tried stealing a purse from a woman before a group of women fought him off.
Redding Police say Stout also tried to carjack an 83 year old man later that night in a parking garage before another bystander came to the man’s aide.
Stout has been convicted of robbery, attempted auto theft and elder abuse.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Redding Violent Criminal Sentenced to Nine Years
- Violent Crime in Redding
- Former Redding Doctor Sentenced
- Redding police security camera database could help ID, catch criminals
- Shasta County DA files additional criminal charges against Redding doctor
- Wild police chase ends in violent crash
- Violent encounter in classroom caught on camera
- Chico Police following up on violent crimes
- Chico police dispute recent violent crime statistics
- Shasta County most wanted criminals