Redding, Calif.—A disturbing case out of Redding Wednesday morning.
A former High School counselor has pleaded guilty to statutory rape of a 17 year old student.
33 year old Jenna Barry-Highfield will be sentenced in July.
Prosecutors say that the crime happened in 2015 when she worked at Catalyst High School.
According to the prosecutors the plea deal will allow Barry-Highfield to avoid jail time.
She will face three years jail time if she violates her probation.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage.
- Redding High School Counselor Pleads Guilty to Sex Crime
- Former Chico High School teacher pleads guilty to molesting student
- Violent Crime in Redding
- Ex-Oklahoma lawmaker pleads guilty to child sex trafficking
- Former Chico High teacher pleads guilty to molesting student
- Man Arrested for Alleged Sex Crimes
- Teacher Pleads Guilty to Fleeing with Minor
- Redding Police Department Hate Crime Pamphlet
- Santos Guzman of Red Bluff Convicted of Sex Crimes Against Children
- Red Bluff Police Arrest Man for Sex Crimes with a Minor