Photo Gallery 1 Images
Lake Almanor, Calif.-- A month-long closure of Highway 89 at Lake Almanor is underway.
CalTrans is replacing the Lake Almanor Spillway Bridge. The existing bridge will be demolished as crews prepare to build a new one. Highway 89 will be closed in the area until a detour is built onto the spillway.
Traffic coming from the south is being diverted onto Highway 147. Highway 89 is closed 12 miles south of Highway 36. Drivers coming from the north will still be able to access west-shore campgrounds.
The $9 Million-dollar project is expected to be completed by mid-November.
- Highway 89 Closed at Lake Almanor for Bridge Replacement Project
- WATCH VIDEO: Traffic safety issues at Lake Almanor's Spillway Bridge
- Lake Almanor boat ramp closing for the winter
- Almanor Ranger District seeking summer campground hosts
- Yuba City 5th Street Bridge Replacement Project Schedules Demolition
- Jellys Ferry Bridge Closed Indefinitely
- Jackson family patriarch dies at 89
- 5th Street Bridge to temporarily close Sunday
- Highway closed at Lassen Volcanic National park
- Recreation at Lake Oroville Impacted by Spillway Repair Project