Chico, CA -- Chico Police arrested a man Thursday for allegedly threatening to stab a Save Mart Supermarket employee who tried to stop him from shoplifting about 12:20pm.
Police say the suspect, identified as Raymon Collingwood, 27, then fled the area, running to the back of the Save mart on West East Avenue.
Witnesses told police Collingwood got into the passenger seat of a black sedan on Henshaw Avenue and fled the area. Officers canvassed the area and located the sedan parked in the Kmart parking lot. Police confronted the driver, who told police he didn't know Collingwood. The driver told police Collingwood asked for a ride to the area and felt bad for Collingwood who appeared to be a transient, so he gave him a ride.
Collingwood was found a short time later in a transient camp located along Highway 99 behind the hotel with two others. Collingwood was in possession of the stolen items from Save Mart and was positively identified as the suspect. He was arrested for robbery and was transported to the Butte County Jail.
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Two Arrested after Armed Robbery in Chico
- K-Mart Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Former Chico Mayor Arrested
- Armed robbery involving teenagers at Chico State
- Lakehead home invasion robbery suspect arrested
- Chico Transient Arrested for Burglary
- Chico State Police report a robbery and are warning students
- Shooting, robbery and a stabbing in Chico's South campus area
- Chico Police seeking suspects in school custodian's attack, robbery