Oroville, Calif.-- The Oroville Police Department says around 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, 20-year-old Clayton Beals turned himself in.
Police say Beals was arrested and booked into the Butte County Jail for 3 counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a child and 3 counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child.
Beals remains in custody on a $3,225,000.00 bail.
Police say due to the nature of this investigation, no further details will be released at this time.
There were several tips and social media posts regarding locating Beals. The Oroville Police Department would like to the thank citizens that helped.
- Man Wanted For Child Rape Turns Himself In
- How a child rape revealed the problems facing modern India
- HIV-positive man arrested, another man wanted in kidnap, rape of 12 year-old boy
- Search turns to recovery for child swept away by wave
- Cheerleading Mom Turns Into Suburban Sleuth, Helps Catch Wanted Criminal
- Police officer investigated for rape
- Los Molinos man turns 100 years old
- Man sentenced to prison for rape of an intoxicated victim
- Man charged with kidnapping, raping Johnson County deputy pleads guilty
- Man arrested in rape, robbery of teacher in her classroom