Warning: Graphic Video
A surgical team in India successfully removed a brain tumor from a man that weighed over four pounds.
The tumor was as big as the man's head.
The neurosurgeons believe it's the largest brain tumor successfully removed from a human.
The tumor was taken from a 31 year-old man in a complex seven hour-long operation February 14th.
The lead surgeon said managing the blood loss from the patient was a major challenge.
He said the tumor sat like a head on top of the patient's head making it very difficult to operate without damaging nerves.
The patient is a small shopkeeper in northern India.
He and his wife are struggling to pay for his treatment and have borrowed money from their relatives and friends.
- Huge brain tumor removed in India
- Firefighter working huge California fire dies
- Little activity remains at huge Southern California wildfire
- Containment reaches 91 percent around huge California fire
- Bill to expand California rent control draws huge crowds
- Super Bowl Fever: It’s Good for the Brain
- Shoppers expected to line up for huge sale in Paradise
- Huge crowds gather for the 'NorCal Boat, Sport & RV Show'
- Whiskeytown National Park removes fee boxes
- Wildfire debris removal expands in northern California