UPDATE: 2/23/2018 12:51 p.m.
The Shasta County Boating Safety Unit responded to a call on the Sacramento arm of Shasta Lake on February 20th where the remains of an adult male were found.
During the investigation the decedent was identified as 60 year old William Alan Beckwith of Corning.
The next-of-kin has been notified and a postmortem examination has been scheduled.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office says a man's body was found by a fisherman in Shasta Lake.
They say a fisherman reported finding the man in his 60's, floating in the northern end of the Sacramento Arm of Shasta Lake at around 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, wearing a life vest. A partially submerged, small vessel was found nearby.
The Sheriff's Office says the decedent was released to the Shasta County Coroner's Office. His identity will be released after next of kin are notified.
- UPDATE: body found by fisherman in Shasta Lake identified
- UPDATED: Mount Shasta man found deceased on Medicine Lake Road
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Person Identified in Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Shasta Lake
- UPDATE: Woman Identified in Crash at ATM Machine in Shasta Lake City
- Dead body of Marysville man found in lake
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Dead body identified in Plumas County
- Body identified in Kelly Ridge area