Update: All lanes of Highway 273 have been reopened.
Redding Police report a fatal vehicle versus pedestrian accident off Branstetter Lane and Highway 273. Police say it happened at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday evening. Based statements at the scene, a Hyundai Elantra was traveling northbound on Highway 273 when a pedestrian walked onto the highway and was struck. Police say the driver of the vehicle was wearing a seatbelt and did not suffer any injuries.
Drugs or alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash.
The identity of the pedestrian is being withheld until family is notified.
CalTrans reported a vehicle versus pedestrian accident off of Northbound CA State Highway 273 Tuesday evening.
Redding Police closed Highway 273 from Kenyon Drive to South Bonnyview Road.
There is no current estimated time for reopening but detours are available via Eastside and Westside Roads.
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Pedestrian killed by car on Highway 273
- Chico Police Investigating after Pedestrian Hit by Car
- Pedestrian hit and kill on I-5 in Redding
- Uber Self-Driving Vehicle Hits, Kills Pedestrian in Arizona
- Suspected car burglar leads officers in highway pursuit
- Man dead after car rolled off Highway 44
- Fatal car crash on Highway 99 leaves one dead
- Three Car Pileup Slows Down Northbound Highway 99
- Fiery truck wreck on California highway kills at least 4