Highway 99 between Chico and Los Molinos is back open after a logging truck flipped and dumped 15-20 logs just North of the Vina area.
The California Highway Patrol tells us that North and Southbound traffic was reopened around 5:15pm Monday evening, about 2 hours after the accident happened.
Officers say a Sierra Pacific Logging truck driving south rolled off the road just North of South Avenue in Tehama County.
The CHP says the driver of the truck told them that his load shifted, causing the accident.
"Very lucky that it was a solo-vehicle accident." said CHP Officer Joyce Dicharry, "All of the logs went off on the shoulder and the vehicle is only blocking one lane."
Officers say thankfully the driver wasn't injured.
UPDATE: 3:49 p.m.
Traffic alternate route from northbound diverted to South Avenue to I-5. Same for South East. Southbound traffic needs to take I-5 from Red Bluff.
The furthest south drivers can get on Highway 99 is at Aramayo Way just north of Los Molinos.
CHP says that it will be a while.
Traffic alert on the northbound side of Highway 99 in Red Bluff.
Just before 3 p.m. a tractor and its trailer carrying logs overturned on northbound Highway 99 near Deer Creek Road.
Logs rolled off the truck causing as diesel spill, and the road is blocked just north of Vina Road. Red Bluff Cal Fire is on scene and will be diverting traffic onto South Avenue.
We have a reporter on the way to the scene and we will update you as more information becomes available.
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- HWY 99 NOW OPEN: Fatal head on crash near Biggs blocking both lanes of Hwy 99
- Hwy 99 Onramp at East Ave. Reopens After Chico Big Rig Crash
- Rainy day causes semi-truck to jack-knife off Hwy 99
- Debris on Hwy 99 creates dangerous hazard for drivers
- One dead after head-on crash at northbound Hwy 99
- CHP confirms fatal crash blocking both lanes of Hwy 99 near Hwy 162 junction
- Officials say wet roads a factor in four-car crash on Hwy 99
- Two Toyotas crash on Hwy 99 leaving 1 dead and several injured
- GoFundMe page created for the woman who survived hwy 99 head-on crash