A suspect involved in a high speed chase late Thursday night has been arrested, the Paradise Police said Friday.
The suspect, identified as 31-year-old Aaron Mathew Cover of Paradise, is believed to have broken into a home and stolen the keys of the car involved in the chase.
According to the department, officers responded to the 600 block of Circlewood Drive around 10 p.m. on a report of a stolen vehicle. Upon arrival, the responding officer located the vehicle leaving the neighborhood. The officer followed and tried to pull over the car near Skyway and Elliott Road. The suspect at first slowed signaling he was going to pull over, but then fled in the vehicle upon the arrival of a second officer.
Officers pursued the suspect westbound on Skyway toward Chico at speeds ranging from 30 mph to 100 mph. Traffic conditions at the time were very light. Paradise officers called the California Highway Patrol, who took over the pursuit at Skyway and Highway 99.
CHP pursued the suspect vehicle south on Highway 99 from Skyway to Durham Pentz Highway where the suspect yielded and was taken into custody without further incident.
Paradise Police officers said Cover broke into the victim’s house while they were home and located the keys to steal the vehicle.
Cover was booked on charges of felony First Degree Residential Burglary, felony Evading and felony Theft of a Vehicle. Cover was booked into Butte County Jail where his bail was set at $165,000.00.
- Paradise home invasion suspect arrested after high speed chase
- High Speed Chase Leads to Drug Arrest
- Lakehead home invasion robbery suspect arrested
- Police searching for suspects in high speed chase
- Vehicle Burglary Suspects Flee Police in High-Speed Car Chase
- SCSO: Suspect on the Loose After High Speed Chase
- Dangerous high speed chase caught on camera
- Police Pursue High-Speed Chase on I-5
- REWARD for Lakehead Home Invasion Robbery Suspect
- Paradise High School Bullying