Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office detectives have arrested a Klamath River man for the murder of his son arising from a shooting incident reported to the department on Monday evening February 12th.
Monday night Siskiyou County Sheriff’s received a call from a man reporting he was involved in a shooting about 30 miles west of Yreka in a small community of Klamath River.
Deputies responded and located the man at the scene with an apparent gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect, was the father of the victim Mr. Stanley Mortensen 76 years old. He was contacted at the scene.
The Siskiyou County District Attorney’s office helped with the preliminary investigation and findings.
Mortensen was subsequently arrested for murder.
He was transported to the Siskiyou County Jail and booked on a murder charge.
He is awaiting arraignment in the Siskiyou County Superior Court.
The victim was identified as Mr. Henry Lee Mortensen, 40 years old from Klamath River.
According to the Sheriff this was a tragic accident and they have a lot to do to work on this case.
- Siskiyou County man arrested for murder of son
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- UPDATE: Shastina Fire Burning in Siskiyou County
- Butte men's basketball team blasts Siskiyous 102-61
- Murder victims son appears in court
- Oroville Man Arrested for Ex-Wife's Murder
- PD: Phoenix man arrested after running over 21-month-old son
- Small plane crash leaves three injured in Siskiyou Co.
- Mother still looking for answers 3 years after son's murder
- No bail for father in murder of 2-year-old son