UPDATE: 2/8/2018 12:27 p.m.
The person who was shot on Mead Street in Biggs last night at about 6pm has not been identified, but we do know he was a male adult and we know just a bit more about why he was shot.
When deputies arrived last night the victim had already been transported to the hospital in Gridley, and no one was out on the street making it difficult for investigators to figure out what exactly happened there.
The Sheriff's office just told us they've determined that it was a marijuana deal gone bad.
Investigators are still trying to piece together what happened.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call those investigators at 538- 7671.
Biggs, Calif.--A man was rushed to the hospital after being shot on Mead Avenue in Biggs Wednesday night.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office said they responded to Mead Avenue after 6 p.m. after receiving a call from a man saying he had been shot.
Before deputies arrived, the man had already been taken to Orchard Hospital in Gridley.
We're working on finding out what the circumstances leading up to the shooting were.
The mans identity has not been released and the extent of his injuries are still under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
- UPDATE: Man shot on Mead Avenue in Biggs: weed deal gone wrong
- Fire nearly burns down Biggs home
- Friend remembers man killed in Biggs hit and run
- Paradise man's wrongful conviction overturned
- What's wrong with Starbucks?
- California cops bust multimillion-dollar weed 'fortress'
- Schools worry about legal weed on campus
- Girl Scout sells cookies outside weed shop
- Universities meet growing demand with Weed 101
- UPDATE: One person killed, Wrong Person Arrested in Redding Crash