One man is in custody Wednesday afternoon after Butte County Sheriff's investigators say he sent text messages threatening a mass shooting and suicide at the Gold Country Casino in Oroville.
The man arrested is 26-year-old Wade Burnside of Oroville.
He said the shooting would happen Tuesday before 11 in the morning.
Sheriff's investigators say he initially denied sending the threatening texts, but eventually admitted to doing it.
Deputies found meth, pipes, and ammo at his place on Mitchell Avenue in Oroville.
He was arrested for making terroristic threats and violation of probation, among other charges.
Burnside was booked into Butte County Jail on a 50-thousand dollar bail.
- Oroville man arrested after sending threatening texts about mass shooting
- Man robs Oroville Arco AM PM and threatens clerk
- Oroville Student Arrested After School Shooting Threat
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to fatal shooting in Oroville
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Oroville Accident Sends Woman to Hospital
- Food delivery driver sends unsolicited texts to female customer
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- Oroville Man Arrested for Ex-Wife's Murder
- Lassen County Man Arrested for Mass Killing of Raptors