A string of armed cell phone robberies of students at Chico State has campus police putting out an alert.
They say the latest armed robbery happened on Legion Avenue at the Warner Street bus stop, when a student was held at gunpoint by a man demanding to give up their cell phone. The student then ran to one of the emergency blue light phones to report it.
Police say there have been three reports of cell phone thefts in that area in the last three months. There have been three reports of cell phone thefts in that area in the last three months. A bulletin that went out to students describes the armed suspect as a black man in his mid 20's, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, pants and shoes, riding a black bicycle.
University officials are advising students to travel in groups, especially after dark. There are 68 emergency blue lights on campus to help during these type of situations.
If you have any information about the previously described suspect, dont hesitate to call University Police or Chico Police.
- String of armed robberies on Chico State campus has police on high alert
- Armed robbery involving teenagers at Chico State
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Two Arrested after Armed Robbery in Chico
- Chico Police Search for Suspects in Armed Robberies
- Chico Police Searching for Female Armed Robbery Suspect
- Redding Police search for armed robbery suspect
- Shooting, robbery and a stabbing in Chico's South campus area
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Armed bike robber flees from Chico police