The CHP has confirmed more details in the crash. An officer on scene tells Action News Now that a 37-year old female driver was in the Northbound lane of Highway 99 with her fiance, a 45-year old male, in the passenger seat. The officer says for unknown reasons the woman drifted into the southbound lanes and hit a 52-year old woman head-on. The 52-year old woman was life-flighted to Enloe Medical Center with major injuries. The 45-year old male passenger was killed on impact.
The CHP says both lanes of Highway 99 are blocked in the area of the Highway 162 junction near Oroville by the fish hatchery. They ask driver to avoid the area for several hours as the roads are blocked during the investigation.
This is a developing story, check back for more details.
The California Highway Patrol has confirmed a fatal crash involving multiple vehicles on Highway 99 near Highway 162 in Oroville. They say southbound and northbound lanes of Highway 99 between the junctions of Highway 99 and Highway 162 are closed. The crash happened at approximately 7:01 a.m. Wednesday.
The CHP could not confirm the nature of the car crash, but have confirmed a fatality. The CHP says traffic is currently blocked, and they do not have an estimated time when it will reopen. They says soutbound traffic from Highway 99 is being diverted to Highway 162.
CAL FIRE says one person needs to be extricated from a vehicle.
Action News Now has a reporter on the way to give us more details. This is a developing story, check back for more information as it becomes available.
- CHP confirms fatal crash blocking both lanes of Hwy 99 near Hwy 162 junction
- HWY 99 NOW OPEN: Fatal head on crash near Biggs blocking both lanes of Hwy 99
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- One dead after head-on crash at northbound Hwy 99
- Debris on Hwy 99 creates dangerous hazard for drivers
- 400-Acre Fire Rips Through Butte County Farmland near Hwy 99
- Crash blocking lane of Southbound Highway 99 south of Chico
- CHP: DUI hit-and-run driver arrested after head-on crash at Oro Bangor Hwy
- Officials say wet roads a factor in four-car crash on Hwy 99
- Two Toyotas crash on Hwy 99 leaving 1 dead and several injured