An Oroville man was sentenced today in federal court for downloading child pornography.
29- year old Jason Sebastian Sparks was identified through an FBI undercover investigation into a website called Playpen, which was used by its 150,000 members to advertise and distribute child pornography.
FBI officials say Sparks admitted to downloading the pornography and said he admitted he had previously sexually abused a child around 6 years old on 5 different occasions.
He was sentenced to 14 years in prison today.
The case was part of the DOJ’s project safe childhood, an initiative to combat a growing epidemic of child sexual exploitations and abuse.
- Oroville man sentenced to 14 years for child porn
- Gridley man sentenced to life in child porn conviction
- Man who started Ponderosa Fire sentenced to 14 years
- Oroville Man Accused of Committing Crime in 2 Counties Sentenced
- Ex-Tahoe ski instructor gets 15 years on child porn charges
- Voices of Oroville: One year after Oroville Dam Spillway Crisis
- New Year's Eve fundraiser for Oroville veterans
- 1 year anniversary of Oroville Spillway Crisis
- Oroville Dam Spillway Crisis: One Year Later
- Doctors Find Needle in Woman's Spine After 14 Year