The National Rifle Association is urging Congressmen Royce, Calvert and Denham to listen to their constituents and vote for H.R. 38 The National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. This important piece of legislation is the most expansive piece of self-defense legislation to ever garner a vote in the United States Congress and is slated to receive a vote on Wednesday, December 6th.
Below is an example of the types of communications the NRA is sending their members and Second Amendment supporters across the district encouraging them to contact their congressman to vote in support of the bill.
HR 38 has 213 co-sponsors and only needs 218 votes to pass.
Today, the NRA issued this vote alert informing members of congress this vote will be scored.
· Twenty-three of the nation’s highest-ranking law enforcement officials have support the legislation. Click here to read the letter signed by 23 attorneys general from across the country stating that HR 38 poses no threat to public safety.
· H.R. 38 would eliminate the confusing patchwork of state laws that make it difficult for law-abiding gun owners to travel across the country with their firearms for personal protection.
· The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act affirms that law-abiding citizens who are qualified to carry concealed firearms in one state can carry in other states that allow residents to do so.
- NRA Targets California Congressmen in Effort to Pass National Concealed Carry Reciprocity
- Police Conduct Targeted Enforcement Effort
- Buses carrying tech workers targeted outside San Francisco
- GOP-led House passes NRA-backed gun bill
- California targets 'dead' drivers using disabled parking
- Trump loses effort to block 2 California immigration laws
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area launches sale on entrance pass online
- NRA disappointed in bill signed in Florida
- Local Police Target Distracted Drivers
- Chico Police now carrying anti-overdose kits