UPDATE: 1:35 p.m.
According to the Butte County Sheriff’s office the two victims who lost their lives in the crash on Highway 70 Sunday evening were Ryan Jensen 18 years old of Yuba City, and Mason Oakes 20 years old of Yuba City.
According to Sergeant Sanders with the Oroville CHP, the driver is going to be charged with vehicular manslaughter with an enhancement of driving under the influence with a prior.
UPDATE 5:30 a.m.
The California Highway Patrol has identified the man suspected in the DUI crash that killed two men on Highway 70. Officials say Marc Edward Andrews, 47, of Oroville was driving at an unknown rate of speed on Palermo Road, approaching Highway 70, when he failed to stop for a stop sign. Officials say he then hit the Toyota Echo broadside.
The two unidentifed men are both from Yuba City, age 18 and 20, died on scene. They were both wearing seatbelts, but officials say the force of the impact caused fatal injuries. Officials say Andrews sustained moderate injuries, made less severe by his seatbelt. Andrew's black labrador dog was also killed in the crash.
The CHP says alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the crash, and Adrews was placed under arrest. The CHP says Andrews has multiple past arrests for DUI, but could not specify how many. Andews is recovering at Enloe Medical Center.
The victims' names are not being released by CHP pending notification of next of kin.
Oroville, Calif. -- According to CHP, a Chevy Cruze traveling westbound failed to stop at a stop sign and hit the side of a Toyota Echo traveling southbound, killing both occupants inside the Toyota Echo.
Witnesses observed the Chevy Cruze traveling westbound down Palermo Road at approximately 60 miles per hour.
According to CHP, the broadside collision caused both cars to "fly through the intersection" and eventually land by Welsh Road.
At approximately 5:39pm, CHP responded to the intersection of Welsh and Palermo Roads where they found the two occupants inside the Toyota Echo had died.
The driver of the Chevy Cruze was injured, according to CHP, but the extent of the driver's injuries are unknown at this time.
CHP said the Chevy Cruze driver has had prior DUIs.
According to CHP, the Chevy Cruze driver has been arrested Sunday night and taken to Enloe Medical Center.
Action News Now will continue to provide more updates as they come in from CHP.
- UPDATE: Two men killed identified, one arrested after suspected DUI crash on Hwy 70
- 2 Paradise residents and a Belden man killed in Hwy 70 DUI Crash
- Victims identified in Plumas County DUI crash that killed 3
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Oroville man pleads not guilty to DUI for fatal Hwy 70 collision
- CHP: DUI hit-and-run driver arrested after head-on crash at Oro Bangor Hwy
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Butte Co. Cal Fire Responds to Major Crash at Hwy 70 Near Rock Creek
- GoFundMe page started for the two young men killed in a crash on highway 70
- UPDATE: Redding Police Identified Burglary Suspect