The Butte County Sheriff's Office says today they are investigating the discovery of human remains in Bangor.
Deputies say the body was found Friday in a remote area near Upham Road.
The body was in an advanced state of decomposition. Officials believe it had been there for several months.
The cause of death is not known.
The remains are being sent to the department of justice and Chico State's Department of Anthropology for testing.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
- Butte County Sheriff is investigating human remains found in Bangor
- Butte Humane Society
- Update: Butte County Sheriff's office detectives continue homicide investigation
- Firefighters Pull Woman from Wreckage in Bangor
- Bangor home destroyed in Saturday morning fire
- Free Adoption Day for Butte Humane Society
- Bangor students get surprise gift from across the state
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire
- Butte County Voter Guide