LEXINGTON, Neb. (AP) - A Northern California man has been arrested in south-central Nebraska and charged with possession of marijuana for sale.
Lexington radio station KRVN reports that 60-year-old Curtis Dixon, of Redding, California, was taken into custody Wednesday night about a mile (1.6 kilometers) east of the Cozad interchange on Interstate 80. Online jail records say he remained in Dawson County custody Friday. Court records don't list the name of attorney who could comment for Dixon.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 20.
The Nebraska State Patrol says a trooper pulled over Dixon's eastbound pickup truck and soon smelled marijuana. A search of the vehicle turned up 48 pounds (21.8 kilograms) of pot. Most of it was in five large trash bags under a sheet of plywood in the truck bed.
- Redding man arrested in Nebraska with 48 pounds of pot
- Christmas pot couple make appearance in Nebraska court
- K-9 Pot Bust Leads to North State Man's Arrest
- I-94 traffic stop in North Dakota yields 200 pounds of pot
- Raid in Rackerby Results in Confiscation of 3,000 Pounds of Pot
- Police Conduct Two Searches, Seize Over 25 Pounds of Pot in Berry Creek
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- One man arrested after homicide in Redding