Chico police are investigating two suspicious deaths both which happened at about 2 o'clock this morning.
Chico police Chief Mike O'Brien has informed us that at 1:45 this morning, dispatch received a 911 call from the 1500 block of North Cherry Street saying that a man had been killed. Police arrived at the residential apartment and found what they described as a white male, 26 years old.
He was deceased when they arrived. There is no one in custody and no suspects at this time, but investigators are treating this as a homicide.
At 2:08 this morning officers were dispatched to East and Esplanade, where they found a the dead body of a 63 year old man from Chico, who was believed to have been a victim of hit and run.
His body was found in the west bound lane of Esplanade, west of the intersection.
The chief says he believes the victim was homeless. There are a number of locations in that area that have surveillance so they're looking for leads. Police are encouraging the person responsible to come forward.
Though it is uncommon to have two incidents like this so close together there's no way to say whether they're related at this time, but police are considering all possibilities.
- Police investigating two deaths overnight in Chico
- Chico police investigating two overnight shootings
- Police investigating "suspicious death" in Chico
- Chico Police Investigating Crime Spree
- Chico Police searching for two suspects in overnight stabbing
- Police investigating stabbing near downtown Chico
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Chico Police Investigating after Pedestrian Hit by Car
- BCSO: Suspicious death investigation in Oroville
- Frigid overnight, very warm afternoons