UPDATE 4:40 p.m. – All evacuation warnings for the “Dark Fire” have been lifted, according to the Butte County Sheriff’s Office.
The 10-acre fire burned first at 5 acres and then grew 5 more near the Concow area in Butte County.
So far the fire is 25 percent contained.
UPDATE 3:07 p.m. –Cal Fire-Butte County said evacuation orders have been downgraded to evacuation warnings for the Lower Gulch and Dark Gulch Road areas.
#darkfire [update], evacuation orders have been downgraded to evacuation warning's for the Lower Gulch Road and Dark Gulch Road area
— CAL FIRE Butte Unit/Butte County Fire Department (@CALFIRE_ButteCo) July 10, 2018
UPDATE –The Butte County Sheriff’s Office has issued an evacuation order for the following areas due to the “Dark Fire” burning in Concow.
The areas are Lower Gultch Road, Rich Gulch Road, Patton Peak Road, Mortor Rock Road, and Hidden Mine Road.
Evacuation warnings have been issued for Raulson Road, Via Los Lupes, and Red Eye Road.
An evacuation order has been issued for the following areas in response to the #DarkFire : Lower Gultch Rd, Rich Gulch Rd, Patton Peak Rd, Mortor Rock Rd, and Hidden Mine Rd. Evacuation Warnings have been issued for Raulson Rd, Via Los Lupes, and Red Eye Rd.
— Butte County Sheriff (@ButteSheriff) July 10, 2018
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.- Cal Fire-Butte County is responding to a 10-acre fire that is burning in the Concow area, prompting some evacuation orders and warnings.
According to Cal Fire, the fire was reported before 1 p.m. Tuesday at the area of Red Eye Roadland Rich Gulch Road, north of Butte Valley.
Firefighters said they are making good progress on the fire, which was first reported at 5 acres, but quickly grew.
The fire is spreading a moderate rate of speed and there have been evacuation warnings set for the area of Lower Rich Gulch Road and Lower Gulch Road and an advisory warning for the Red Eye Road area.
This is a developing story check back for updates.
- 10-Acre Fire Burning in Concow, Prompts Evacuations
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed by Fire
- Investigations continue in Concow puppy mill case
- Gas leak in San Diego prompts evacuation of 1,100 homes
- Gas Leak Prompts Evacuation of Preschool in Anderson
- Klamathon Fire Forces Evacuations
- Butte County Animal Control shuts down Concow puppy mill
- Forest Ranch Residents Practice Fire Evacuations
- County, Cal Fire Release New Evacuation Plans
- Stoney Fire Prompts Power Outage in Canyon Oaks area