A $1 million donation for students in Chico State's college of agriculture.
The generous donation was given by Dan Justina and will allow five students each year to receive a full scholarship.
He also donated $2 million in 2013 to establish the "Bell Family" Presidential Scholarship endowment.
What began as two scholarships a year for Ag students who show community leadership and excellent grades, has evolved into $6,000 scholarships for five students annually.
“Dan’s gifts have inspired so many others to give, last year Chico State provided more than 2.2 million in scholarships to students and more than a thousand scholarships have been distributed, last year,” said Ahmad Boura.
Current scholarship recipients say the agriculture program provides a unique, hands-on learning experience that's preparing them for one of California’s booming industries.
- $1 million given to Chico State Ag department
- CSUC Agriculture department gets million dollar gift
- Ag conference takes root in Chico
- Chico Fire Department's return from Thomas Fire
- Chico Fire Department Citizens' Fire Academy
- Chico Police Department conducts crime sweep
- BloodSource Drive at Chico State
- Enrollment increases at Chico State
- Chico State opens new exhibit
- Chico State Student Photo Scandal