Police say Tuesday afternoon an adult female reported inappropriate text messages to the Red Bluff Police Department.
An officer interviewed the victim and during the investigation learned that Red Bluff resident Joseph David Lewis sent the victim messages on Facebook threatening to sexually assault her.
It was also learned during the investigation that the suspect attempted to sexually assault the victim before the threatening messages.
Joseph David Lewis was arrested for stalking, attempted rape, and violation of probation.
He was booked into the Tehama County Jail.
- A Tehama County man under arrest for attempted rape and stalking
- Man Arrested on Rape Charges in Tehama County
- Tehama County Woman Convicted of Attempted Murder
- Tehama County Election Results
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Tehama Co. man arrested for allegedly assaulting two women
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Raising awareness of stalking and its dangers
- Breaking News Report: shooting in Tehama County