A Fort Worth man has lost nine fingers and both of his feet due to complications from the flu.
Brian Herndon has spent the last four weeks in the intensive care unit at Baylor University Medical Center after developing septic shock and blood clots caused by the flu and, later, pneumonia.
Herndon will also need special hand work, as parts of every finger have been removed. Family and friends set up this GoFundMe page to help the Herndon family with prosthetics costs.
- Man loses nine fingers, both feet to flu complications
- Weather complicates hotel arrangements
- Teen dies of liver failure after complications from flu
- Christianity and depression: It's complicated
- Millennials Replacing Engagement Rings With Diamonds Embedded In Their Fingers
- After Syrian airstrikes comes finger-pointing and condemnation
- Looking to sell bitcoin? It's complicated
- America's stance on elephant trophies? It's complicated
- The complicated gender history of pink
- New Kurdish alliance complicates relationship with US