The Red Bluff Joint Union High School District Teacher's Association (CTA) have taken a vote of no confidence in regards to district leadership, specifically with Superintendent Lisa Escobar.
According to the association’s press release sent to Action News Now by an English teacher at Red Bluff Union High School, 55 teachers were in support of the vote of no confidence, six against, seven abstained and 14 didn’t vote at all. The association’s reasons were as follows verbatim:
1. We believe that many of the changes Ms. Escobar has proposed or initiated are damaging to students.
2. We believe Ms. Escobar is an ineffective communicator and an insincere and ineffective collaborator.
3. We believe Ms. Escobar has an inconsistent target in regards to what she is trying to accomplish in our district.
4. We believe Ms. Escobar has shown little interest in appreciating or even acknowledging the strengths of our district.
5. We believe Ms. Escobar is often untruthful and has a history of being an ineffective school leader
The association further stated in its press release that Red Bluff High School teachers “are deeply invested in the education of our students as well as this district personally and professionally. We are sad, angry, and frustrated that Ms. Escobar's ineffectiveness has caused such dysfunction in our district and possible damage to our student’ educational experiences.”
Superintendent Escobar was not immediately available for comment.
The association plans to meet at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 20 at the District Office at 1525 Douglas Street in Red Bluff to further discuss the vote of no confidence.