Action News Now located in beautiful Northern California has an immediate opening for a News Director. If you have a proven track record as a News Director, Assistant News Director or Executive Producer and want the opportunity to work in a great environment and culture then we ‘d like to hear from you. The News Director will lead the Action News Now brand (CBS12, NBC24, Chico-Redding CW and Telemundo). We produce over 37 hours of News a week, simulcasting broadcasts on our CBS and NBC stations.
Heartland Media provides all the tools and support to be a dominate #1 news operation. Position is based in beautiful Chico, Ca covering the Chico-Redding DMA.
• Minimum of five years of success in key leadership role(s) within a television newsroom.
• Demonstrable knowledge of all phases of a television news operation, including, but not limited to: news reporting and writing, newscast formats, news producing, newsroom organization, and newsgathering technology.
• Must be a dynamic strong leader with a clear vision and ability to communicate that vision to his/her staff.
• Must be creative and adept at managing in a fast-paced and energetic news environment.
• Basic understanding of newsroom technical operation including computer networking, newsroom systems, microwave, satellite and digital technology. Success in managing social media and multiplatform news gathering.
• Understanding of basic budgeting principle and financial management.
• Developing and maintaining a strategic and editorial vision for Action News Now by working closely with GM, Consultant and market research.
• Direct and manage overall efforts of the news department. Responsible for all administrative duties associated with running the news organization, including personnel and budgeting.
• Reports to the General Manager.
- Chico, CA
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
KHSL and KNVN TV stations are committed to providing a safe place for its employees to work, and therefore adheres to a drug-free workplace policy. KHSL and KNVN TV stations participate in the Federal e-Verify Program. KHSL and KNVN TV stations provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants.