SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The Shasta County District Attorney's office released today that 9 arrests were made following an undercover fraudulent contractor sting operation.
In a joint effort with the Contractors State License Board, District Attorney Investigators held an operation in areas affected by the Carr Fire in Shasta County. The operation targeted suspected unlicensed contractors.
11 individuals were contacted during the operation, 9 of which were arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for Felony Contracting Without a License in a Designated Disaster Area.
The following individuals were arrested in the operation:
- Gabriel Phillips
- Patrick Tenerelli
- Louis Hecker
- Jason Goodman
- Charles Guy Harris
- Ty Williams Briggs
- Melvin Matajcich
- Samuel Shelby
- Brandon Hunter
Contracting without a license is normally a misdemeanor, but it is a felony to contract without a license in an area where homes are damaged by a designated disaster.
- Shasta County DA Makes 9 Carr Fire Arrests in Undercover Sting Operation
- Highland Fire in Shasta County
- Shasta Regional Medical Center Doctor Loses Home in Carr Fire
- DONATE: Carr Fire Relief
- Carr Fire Television Special
- Corner Fire Burns in Shasta County
- Carr Fire Stalls Construction Work
- Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea sends deputies to Carr Fire
- Carr Fire: Evacuations lifted in some areas
- Boil Water Advisory Issued Following Carr Fire